Opportunities for profit abound in the real estate market. In the case of Australia, even with its high cost of property demand continues to trend upward because of rapid population growth, a stable economy and a tight supply of real estate. In such a competitive market, your agency should focus most of its resourced on profit building activities. If you find yourself tied down by non- essential, non-revenue generating tasks, it’s time you hire a real estate Virtual Assistant.
Otherwise, you are becoming your own real estate Virtual Assistant.
As a proprietor of a real estate business, you probably prefer to operate lean. Do as much as you can with the resources you have in order to keep costs down. While this may benefit you at the start, eventually as your business gains traction it will be more difficult to stay on top of every single task that you have to do. Working from the principle of lean eventually becomes subject to the principle of diminishing returns.
The idea behind a business is to make a profit. In order to profit, you should work to grow your business. Given that you only have limited hours in a day, the best course of action is to find ways to manage your time efficiently so you can become more productive without compromising your budget.
Hiring a real estate Virtual Assistant will give you the best of both worlds; your productivity will sky rocket without breaking the bank. You will be able to shift more focus on revenue- generating tasks while ensuring the stability of your business.
Let’s see how a real estate Virtual Assistant can help you grow your agency.
1. Administrative Tasks
Before your business can become effective, it must become efficient. This means it must be highly organized.
In the real estate business, you constantly find yourself besieged by phone calls and e-mails. You also have to update client records in the CRM. Of course, research is part of the business.
You have to keep track of new developments in the market, prepare presentation materials and review the provision of contracts to stay in line with city state legislation.
If you had to attend to all of these tasks, you wouldn’t have enough time to attend to profit- oriented activities such as closing a sale, presenting properties for sale or negotiating sales contracts.
A real estate Virtual Assistant can provide you the following services:
- Phone handling
- Appointment setting
- Calendar management
- E-mail filtering
- Preparation of spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Market and legislative research
You must have taken a deep breath after reading this short list of administrative tasks! And there are more equally important tasks a real estate Virtual Assistant can do for you.
2. Marketing and Promotion
In a competitive industry, your marketing and promotional activities must remain consistent and on point. In real estate, you have to do both traditional and Internet- based or online marketing.
Studies show that adapting a strategy that integrates both marketing methods generate the most productive results.
A real estate Virtual Assistant can contribute to your marketing and promotion strategy in the following ways:
- Website – If you’re using WordPress or Joomla, these Content Management Systems (CMS) have plug-ins that can help you capture leads and connect to Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data bases in order to get more sales.An experienced real estate Virtual Assistant can manage your website expertly and maximize its sales- generating possibilities.
- Social Media – Of the 3.5 Billion people online every day, 2.34 Billion are on social media. That’s an astonishing 67% of the population of online users. In Australia, 25% of real estate investments come from foreign buyers particularly China.By staying active on social media, you may get more inquiries from foreign investors who plan to contract your agency’s services in order to buy property in Australia.
- Create Marketing Collaterals – Real estate virtual assistants are also proficient in graphic design. They can help conceptualize and create designs for your marketing collaterals that can be used for flyers, posters, streamers and print ads.
3. Sales Generation
You can find a real estate Virtual Assistant who has had a great deal of experience in the industry. He or she knows how to move prospects down the sales funnel.
- E-Mail Marketing – E-mail remains one of the best forms of online marketing. In fact, it results in higher sales conversions that social media marketing.Real estate virtual assistants can use e-mail marketing to get referrals or secure repeat business from existing clientele and find qualified prospects for your agency.
- Outbound Calling – When you have amassed a number of warm prospects in your sales funnel, you should find time to touch base with them. Real estate virtual assistants know how to establish rapport and build a good relationship with your prospects.
It could just be a customary call to present market updates plus a few pleasantries. The idea is to slowly win trust by being persistent but respectful at the same time. If you want to reel in clients, you must to what you can to remain visible.
Hiring a real estate Virtual Assistant can help you grow your agency. But you must learn to let go of some of your responsibilities in order to free up more time to activities that matter the most. It is less a question of trust and more of you acknowledging that you cannot be a Superman and do everything on your own.